On this page we will dive into the advantages of playing live dealer games, we will go over the different options available to you, how to play the games, delve into bonuses, payment options and which live casinos are most favourable for Kiwi gamblers.
Players must be +18 to participate. All featured websites are fully regulated and trusted in New Zealand, terms and conditions apply for all bonuses advertised.
Live dealer play has truly transformed the online casinos. All major operators offer live dealer games, while some newcomers have even build their entire brand around the concept. However, some liver dealer options are better than others and it can be difficult to decide which one suits you best.
How we Review
When our review team recommend a live dealer casino, you can be sure that we have done our homework and that the live casino in question has ticked all the right boxes. All the live dealer casinos on our list must meet a strict set of criteria to get our seal of approval.
- Licensing: The most important element is licencing. Every single online live casino must be licenced and regulated by an official government body. In Canada you would like to see either a license from the Kahnawake Gaming Commission or the MGA.
- Security: A live dealer site must adhere to a strict set of rules and regulations as part of their licence agreement, all of which aim to protect players from unfair gameplay and unscrupulous behaviour on the part of the management. A licenced live casino must also come equipped with the latest SSL Encryption technology to protect a player’s personal and financial data.
- Software providers and game offering: Our team are up to date on all the latest online casino games and we only recommend sites with comprehensive collection of live dealer games. We rate the games on the quality of the software, the professionalism of the live croupiers and the speed and definition of the live streams. Provider we are especially pleased with are Evolution Gaming and Microgaming.
- Payment options: A good payment selection includes credit cards, e-Wallets, bank transfer options, debit cards and cryptocurrencies. Additionally we test the customer support service to ensure that the staff members are responsive, helpful and knowledgeable.
- Bonus offers: Finally, we look over all the bonus offers with a fine-tooth comb. A welcome casino bonus is only as good as its terms and conditions and we make sure that those terms and conditions are fair and manageable. We also look out for well-structured High Roller VIP programmes and ongoing promotions.
The advantages of a live casino experience far outweigh the disadvantages. These games offer an unparalleled gambling experience thanks to the state-of-the-art technology that powers the software.
The live games run smoothly, the graphics are top-notch, and the clarity of the HD stream is so sharp you will feel like you can reach out and touch the table.
Unlike RNG casino games, you can see the cards being dealt out in front of you from a brand-new pack; you can watch the dealer intently and feel secure in the knowledge that the game is being played fairly.
When it comes to playing roulette, you will be blown away by how close it comes to actually standing at a roulette table on a busy casino floor. Do not be surprised if you find that you are standing up and cheering and shouting while the game is afoot.
One of the downsides to playing live games is that you cannot play for free. This means that you do not have the chance to get to grips with the software at a leisurely pace. Your mistakes will cost you money, so you need to be on the ball and learn fast.
How Live Dealer Games Work
Live Casino games feature real-life, professional online casino dealers, all of whom are specially trained to work in these circumstances. The card tables, and roulette tables are authentic and set up to look just like they do in a land-based casino.
High definition cameras are set up at multiple angles to capture all the action in minute detail. The game is then streamed in real-time to your PC or mobile device. Innovative software allows you to place bets and interact with the live dealer in real-time, and the dealer can respond by talking directly to the camera.
As a player, you will be drawn into the game by the intimacy of watching the live dealer shuffle a fresh deck and deal the cards. Or you will be on the edge of your seat as you watch a different dealer drop the ball on the roulette table and you will listen intently as the ball bounces around a solid roulette wheel. This type offers a level of immersion that was previously unheard of. Your living room will melt away and you will feel like you are sitting at a live blackjack table in Las Vegas going head to head with the dealer on the casino floor.
How to Play live Dealer Games Online
Below we will list a quick guide on how to start to play live casino games online:
- Chose a live casino from our toplist
- On the top of the online casino screen you will find a Sign up or Join Now Button
- You will now need to fill in your details such name, age, etc.
- Verifying your identity (KYC) will most of the times come after a withdrawal
- Browse to the payment section and make a deposit
- Use a bonus code if specified
- Choose your game and start playing
- Withdrawals can be done from the banking section
Live Casino Games Available
The best live casino offers a broad range of online casino games that mirror the games found in a traditional land-based casino. In almost every live dealer casino you will find:
- Blackjack Live
- Live Baccarat
- Live Dealer Card Poker
- Live Dealer Roulette
Each of these games are offered in several variations:
- Poker, for example, can be found as live Texas Hold’em, live Three Card Stud, Caribbean stud poker and Casino Hold’em.
- Roulette is offered as American Roulette, European Roulette and French Roulette.
- Baccarat is offered in its standard format but can also be played as Baccarat Squeeze or Lightning Baccarat.
- Blackjack can be played at speed, with bet behind options and side bets or as just straight-up blackjack live.
Live Casino House Edge Explained
The way that Operators earn money is that they on average have an house edge over the player, however the edge varies per game.
So what does the house edge tell you? There are two things to consider:
- How much does a game pay out on average over its lifespan
- Which games will offer you the best return on your bets
House Edge Per Live Casino Game
The house edges below are achieved when players stick to a basic strategy, how will a player sticks to the strategy determines the house edge.
|Type of Live Casino Games||House Edge|
|Baccarat||1.01 – 15.75%|
|Sic Bo||2.78 – 33.33%|
|Russian Poker a.k.a Royal Poker||4.9%|
American Roulette House Edge Per Bet
|Type of Bet||House Edge|
|Black or Red||5.26%|
|Odd or Even||5.26%|
|# 6 Line||5.26%|
|5 numbers (0,00,1,2,3)||7.89%|
European Roulette House Edge per Bet
With European Roulette we do not need to present you with a table, since all bets have the same house edge which is 2.7%
French Roulette House Edge per Bet
|Type of Bet||House Edge|
|Black or Red||1.35%|
|Odd or Even||1.35%|
What you need to play at a live casino
To play games at a live dealer casino, it is essential that you have a fast internet connection and fully functional PC or mobile device. The live casino games are streamed in real-time; if your internet is slow or your screen is glitchy you might miss out on an important moments which could cost you a win.
Most live casino games can be played directly through the browser of your device, which means you do not need to download any live casino software to play. In some cases, you may need to download specific software, but this is not quite common. It is a good idea to check the requirements of a particular game before you attempt to play to avoid problems.
Live Casinos on Mobile
Due to the increasing popularity of mobile casino gaming, the top live dealer software providers are now making live casino games available for mobile users.
Mobile live casinos are a game-changer for the live dealer platform and will undoubtedly make the genre even more popular than ever. You can control the game play using your touch screen and you can play these games from anywhere at any time.
Live Casino Welcome Bonus
When it comes to the welcome bonus and how you can use it, each live dealer casino will have a specific set of terms and conditions. We will, of course, try to give you as much information as possible in this regard, but it is extremely important the you read through the casino’s terms and conditions prior to claiming the bonus.
Almost every single live casino welcome bonus comes with a wagering requirement. The wagering requirement denotes the number of times that you will have to wager the live casino bonus money before you can withdraw any winnings made from said bonus.
Not all casino games count towards the wagering requirement in equal measure and in most cases playing live casino games will mean that it will take much longer to clear the requirements.
To clear the wagering requirements within the allotted time frame, you will need to check the clearing percentages of each game category. To give you a better idea of what we mean, here is an example of the clearing percentages at Mr Green:
|Live Dream Catcher||50%|
|Deal or No Deal Live||50%|
|All live Roulette||10%|
|All other Live Games||10%|
Top Rated live casino Software
- Evolution Gaming: is the market leader for live casino games and specialises solely in this format. This is why they are able to produce such high-quality live casino experiences for the players. Which has over the years earned them many awards in this regard. They are famous for their games shows, lightning games and live poker.
- Microgaming: before Evolution Gaming Microgaming with the live casino giant but that all changed once they sold all of its partnerships in Europe to Evolution Gaming. The games are still accessible all over the world but the company has shifted it focus towards automated games.
- Netent: launched in 1996 by Mathias Helmund Netent is a digital entertainment company that was one of the biggest software developers in the industry until it was acquired by evolution gaming in June 2020. When it comes to the Live Games Netent always incorporated a serious approach with smartly dressed dealers.
- Playtech: is a one of the largest software providers for Online casinos and has several hundred games to its name. Having created live games since they appeared on the scene, the business has as much knowledge as any other. This shows in high-quality streams, professional and friendly dealers and world-class game variants. A specific highlight is the Age of Gods Roulette, which is based upon the developer’s signature slot game series.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best live dealer game?
The best live dealer games are blackjack and roulette. They have the lowest house edge, which means you have a better chance of winning. They are comfortably the two most popular gambling games, and the dealers are always top quality.
What kind of games can I play?
A full range of games are available to play, including blackjack, roulette, three card poker, baccarat and hold’em. You can also play niche card and table games, including sic bo, pai gow and many more.
Do I need to play live casino with real money?
It depends. Some sites could offer a free play option where you don’t need to use real money to play. However, some most casinos don’t have this option.
Can I play live casino on my phone?
Yes, live casinos are equipped specially for mobile gambling. Therefore, you can play whatever game you want on your android or iOS device. You don’t lose the feel of playing online when using your phone, as the technology and graphics are state-of-the-art.
Where can I play live blackjack in NZ?
All of our casinos have live dealer blackjack available for New Zealand players. Jackpot City is an excellent destination, as it’s a new and exciting casino for Kiwis to enjoy.
Is it safe to play in a live casino?
Yes, it is safe as long as the casino in question is a fully licensed and regulated operator. We will only recommend a casino with an official licence and a good reputation
Do I need a separate casino account to be able to gamble with a live dealer?
No, it is not necessary to have a separate casino account to gamble with a real-life dealer. These games form part of the casino library in the same way as RNG games and slot games, which means you can place bets using the money from your regular account.
Last Updated on